Thursday, September 3, 2009

Happy Anniversary, Blog!

So it's been a year on what I thought I would type in weekly. I seem to recall a technical difficulty with my account that turned me off of this thing. But thanks to Lori's blog, I've rediscovered my account!

Let's start again with an update on my declutter mission:

Cell phones -- Yep, still have them. Just saw that Wegmans is accepting old phones for the military.

Wireless router -- Sold for about $50 on Amazon!

Really old wirless router/PCI card -- Gave to a freecycler in Nanticoke who donates his time to help families obtain a computer and/or Internet from donated computer systems and hardware.

Glass baby food jars -- Most went to a glass artist in Wilkes Barre who melts them down to use for projects. Another freecycler! A bunch more were recycled.

Car stereo/cd player -- Still have that, too.

Harsh chemicals -- Ack! Still have these sitting in the cupboard!

Books -- Goodwill.

50% success. Not bad!

One goal I did achieve 100% is getting rid of a lingering credit card balance. With a clean slate, I really have to implement and stick to my not going over my grocery and gas budget each week. Such a tough one. Recent purchases are getting me like always shopping over lunch time. And hey, a toddler and pregnant mama have to eat! Can easily be avoided by packing a lunch more often.

Next week, it's back to withdrawing the cash for groceries and gas each week. When it's gone, it's gone. This really cuts down on the impulse buys and excessive driving.

That's all for now. Good night!
Leanne

2 comments:

Lori said...

Congrats on the blog!!

SavingMama said...

Thanks, Lori! Same to you. I enjoy checking yours :)